Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Dependant on experience
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Contract type: Fixed Term (Full time)
Boreham Wood are an ambitious, community focused football club, who compete in the Vanarama National League.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the football club’s media output, reporting to the Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual with excellent written, media and communication skills to help the club and its Sports & Education programme to continue to grow its online presence.
Based at the club’s Meadow Park ground, this is an excellent opportunity to work at a vibrant and continuously growing football club in the National League.
- Maintaining the official website of Boreham Wood FC
- Produce written content across all of Boreham Wood Football Club’s digital platforms
- Running the club’s official social media platforms. These include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and our mailing lists
- Work alongside the Boreham Wood Football Club’s PASE Academy staff to ensure regular and exciting coverage of our unique Sports and Education Programme
- Create exciting videography for the football club and its highly successful Sports & Education Programme
- Oversee, edit and produce written content for Boreham Wood Football Club’s matchday programme, working alongside our printing partner and their design team
- Create, design and write content for quarterly newsletters
- Promoting the club’s community initiatives
- Pre and post-match interviews with the club’s first team manager, players and when required, the club Chairman
- Attend all Boreham Wood Football Club league, cup and pre-season fixtures to generate online content for the website and BWFC TV
- Cover Boreham Wood Football Club’s Under-18s fixtures to generate interest in our unique PASE Academy programme
- Organise media arrangements for Boreham Wood Football Club home fixtures. These can include liaising with outside press, creating seating plans for high-profile matches, answering queries and ensuring the smooth running of our scoreboard
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Communications or Journalism
- Strong written, audio/visual and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Comfortable with working outside of ‘traditional’ office hours to meet the requirements of fixtures and club business
- Experience with video-editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of working in a professional sports environment
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
To apply for this position please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com stating ‘Media & Communications Manager’ in the subject line.