Tower Hamlets 2-6 Boreham Wood

Match Report

Boreham Wood progress through to the next round of the FA Youth Cup with a well deserved Victory away to Tower Hamlets.

FAYCWood took the lead from a well worked set piece to allow Jack Vasey to find some space to drill low in the opposition net, Vasey could have doubled his tally for the night when First Year Stephen Akoto was hacked down in the box for only Jack to bend the resulting penalty wide of the mark.

Wood soon increased their advantage when Maxwell Holland isolated his full back to work a great delivery into the box for Jamie Lumsden to volley past the advancing goalkeeper.

Wood looked comfortable and looked most likely to score the third but the resilient Tower Hamlets front line pressed and worked a mistake out of the Wood Back line for Kyle Spittle to hit his clearance against a charging forward to close the deficit making it 2-1.

Wood soon took control again when Micah Jackson score close to being the goal of the game when he brought the ball out of the sky swivelled and bent his effort into the far corner.

Wood started the brightest the second half and again dictated the pace of the game, with early opportunities to increase the lead, George Beattie scored the goal of the game when breaking from midfield to play a cute one two and then unleash a great strike to nestle into the roof of the net.  The game was all but over in a mad ten minutes see Tower Hamlets pull a goal back and for Beattie to get himself a hat trick with another long range effort and to polish off his goal spree with a delightful effort from the penalty spot after sub Xavier Plowright was judged to have been brought down in the box.

Manager Luke Garrard was pleased with the display “we showed a real ruthlessness in front of goal today and made our dominance count, very pleased with certain patterns of play and the group is showing a real togetherness”

Wood now await the tie for the next round and look to progress into the later stages of the cup.


Share This