Boreham Wood finished the season on a high with a comfortable victory over Chester at the Vauxhall Lookers Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Luke Garrard had a couple of injuries to Mark Ricketts and Danny Woodards, Kenny Davis returned to the starting XI and there were three Academy players on the bench in Alex Morgan, Bradley Sach and Frank Keita.

Wood started on the front foot, a throw on the far left found the feet of Ferrier, who controlled well and laid into the path of Balanta who took a touch before shooting narrowly wide of the far post.

Elliott Durrell who scored the wonder goal for Chester back at Meadow Park earlier in the season put a dangerous ball into the box that found Liam Davis at the far post, although a weak shot failed to trouble Grant Smith.

Another ball into the box from the dangerous Durrell found Jonny Hunt in the box who made a meal of his effort, again failing to force Smith into a save.

On the stroke of half time Wood got the luck they deserved taking the lead in a well worked move. Femi Ilesanmi down the left played into Moorgan Ferrier who held the ball up well before playing in Kenny Davis on the edge of the box. The midfield maestros shot was deflected past Alex Lynch.

The Wood came out second half with their tails up and it didn’t take long for the home side to get on the back of their side as passes went astray.

Early into the second half Balanta doubled the Wood’s lead after receiving the ball from Kenny Davis, Balanta drove towards goal and let fly on his left foot which beat Alex Lynch who was at full stretch.

Morgan Ferrier showed his quality to get to the by-line , his ball into the box was well intercepted as Wood players looked to pounce on the loose ball.

In the final 15 minutes Garrard introduced Alex Morgan Cousin of former fan favourite Greg Morgan in place of Bruno Andrade. Just minutes later Bradley Sach replaced Morgan Ferrier up front.

Both showed promising signs when on the ball and with Frank Keita on the bench and a few others knocking on the door the signs for the club are promising.

As the 4th official put up the 4 minutes of added time a cross from the left found James Alabi in the middle of the box. His powerful header was well saved by Grant Smith to preserve his clean sheet.

Final action of the game saw Lucas Dawson fire a rocket from 30 yards which was easily held by Grant Smith.

As the season comes to a close Wood finish their second season in the National League in 11th place.

Can we thank all supporters who have followed us up and down the country, thank you for your fantastic support and we look forward to seeing you all at Meadow Park in July.



Share This