Due to last night’s poor weather, namely Storm Bella, we have received notification from our hosts that tomorrow’s game at Wealdstone has been cast into doubt due to surface water at Grosvenor Vale. As such, with over 24 hours to tomorrow’s game, we have offered to reverse the game to be played at Meadow Park, with our pitch being in immaculate condition.

The League has thankfully and very quickly already given their approval and as such we just await Wealdstone’s agreement.

Wood Chairman Danny Hunter said, “I feel it’s not a difficult one for both clubs to organise, if we really do want the game played. The facts are we are no more than five miles apart, the match officials are already booked, both Clubs actually use the same streaming company, and both sets of players are pretty local.

“Let’s be honest here, if we are to finish this season or even get it past the half way point, then all Clubs, Owners, Chairman, Managers and Players are going to have to be adaptable or we might as well finish the season now…

“That said, I’m more than hopeful that Wealdstone, like us and like the League, will agree to this fixture reversal, as both Clubs do have a good relationship. I’m good friends with their Gaffer Dean Brennan and it’s a chance to get through another fixture…

“For all Clubs, this Christmas period is just another drama in what is an already stop/start season. So, it is about just finding ways to get each fixture ticked off, because if we don’t all start acting smart, we might as well end the season now but in Wealdstone’s case I’m very hopeful that we might get something agreed, so watch this space…” Hunter concluded.



Share This