Further to our announcement earlier today, the Club has received further correspondence from the FA and our opponents Yeovil Town in relation to tonight’s postponed FA Trophy 3rd Round fixture. As announced, due to two Yeovil Town players showing COVID-19 symptoms as of this morning, tonight’s fixture was postponed for safety concerns.

In line with the FA’s guidance stating that any rearranged FA Trophy match under current circumstances must be played within 5 days of the original fixture date, tonight’s game has been postponed for 24 hours until tomorrow evening, Wednesday 23rd December with a 7.45pm kick off.

Albeit this rearrangement is subject to both players in question receiving negative COVID-19 results. Should either symptomatic player receive a positive test result, or if Yeovil Town have not received the test results by 1pm tomorrow, then it is our understanding that the Glover’s shall be forced to withdraw from the competition and Boreham Wood will progress into the 4th Round to take on Torquay United at Meadow Park in mid-January.

As we learn more tomorrow, we will of course update Wood fans accordingly, as such we ask that all supporter’s stay up-to-date with our website and social media channels.


If you have purchased a BWFCtv Match Pass for this fixture, then this shall be valid for tomorrow’s rearranged game should it go ahead. If the game doesn’t go ahead, we will issue a further statement regarding match pass refunds.



Share This