Maidenhead United vs Boreham Wood
Saturday 19th February 2022, KO 5.20pm
York Road, Vanarama National League


This afternoon, Wood are back on the road after their home victory on Tuesday night, making the short trip to Berkshire to take on Maidenhead United.

The Magpies sit just a single place above the relegation zone with a six point cushion, and will be keen to get back to winning ways after three games without victory.

Wood kept their winning streak in the league going, comfortably dispatching of Altrincham to move up to third and keep up with leaders Stockport County.



After spending time in the youth teams of Millwall and Stoke City, Manny Parry has gained plenty of experience in the non-league and has gone on to become highly regarded at National League level. Initially going on loan to Nuneaton Town and Weston-Super-Mare, he then enjoyed his first stint with Maidenhead United in 2013 from Stoke City prior to being released by the Potters the following summer.

Spells with Worcester City, Harrow Borough, Grays Athletic and Maidstone United followed, helping the latter achieve promotion from the National League South via the play-offs in his first season at the Gallagher Stadium. He departed for Margate at the end of the season but stayed for just four months, making the step up to the highest tier of non-league football when he joined National League side Braintree Town in November 2016. The Irons succumbed to relegation at the end of the season though and Parry was on the move once again. His performances in the heart of Braintree’s defence were enough to convince Dover Athletic to keep him in the fifth tier of English football, and he played 51 times in all competitions as the Whites missed out on the play-offs on goal difference. A move to Boreham Wood followed, joining a side fresh off play-off final disappointment and helped them avoid relegation in his sole season at Meadow Park.

After spending the 2019/20 season at Woking, he returned to Maidenhead in the summer of 2020 and is approaching 50 appearances in his second spell at York Road.


As a youngster, Charlee Adams was on the books of West Ham United before joining Birmingham City’s Academy, where he was named in the senior match day squad on a handful of occasions and played two games for the Blue’s first team, making his debut as a substitute before making one start in the Championship in 2016.

His first taste of regular football came in 2013/14, when he joined Lincoln City on loan for the second half of the season. He impressed in his defensive midfield role to give the City back four excellent protection, and played regularly during his short-lived spell Sincil Bank. He returned for another loan spell the following January after failing to break into the Birmingham team during the first half of 2014/15 and made 28 appearances over his two stints. His form for Lincoln highlighted his maturity and intelligence on and off the ball, as well as his ability to win the ball and get play going, and he was recalled by manager Gary Rowett to develop with the youth team and training with the first team, shortly before earning a one-year contract extension.

The 2016/17 season saw him go on loan to Kilmarnock, but his time in Scotland was cut short after a late challenge saw him go off injured as he returned to Birmingham with just nine Scottish Premiership appearances to his name. He suffered a further injury in training that kept him out for three months, before being released by the Blues at the end of the season. He dropped to the National League when he joined Dagenham & Redbridge, enjoying two spells either side of two seasons at Barnet, but joined Maidenhead United ahead of the current campaign following his release from the Daggers.


After coming through the ranks at Dulwich Hamlet, Shawn McCoulsky was called up to the club’s first team ahead of the 2014/15 season and made his debut as a substitute in a 3-0 defeat to Worthing. He began to impress at Champion Hill, winning Man of the Match in his second appearance before scoring his first goal the following match. He would leave the club at the end of the season after a loan spell with Walton Casuals, attracting interest from clubs in the Premier League and the Championship.

He joined Bristol City after a successful trial and spent his first season playing for the Under-23’s, before making his first team debut a year later as a substitute in a 2-1 EFL Cup defeat to Hull City. Loan spells with Weston-Super-Mare, Torquay United, Bath City, Newport County and Southend United allowed him to gain valuable experience before leaving the Robins permanently to join Forest Green Rovers.

He played 21 times over two years at The New Lawn with brief loan spells at Bromley and FC Halifax Town during the first half of 2019/20, before signing a short-term deal with league rivals Colchester United following his release in October 2021. He played six times during his short stint with the U’s and scored on his debut in a 4-0 FA Cup First Round win over AFC Sudbury. After his contract with Colchester expired, he joined Maidenhead United at the end of January 2022, opening his account in just his second game to equalise right at the death in a 1-1 draw with Wrexham.


Boreham Wood 4-0 Maidenhead United
Saturday 20th November 2021
LV BET Stadium Meadow Park, Vanarama National League

Boreham Wood secured an emphatic victory over Maidenhead United to make sure their draw against Altrincham the previous week wasn’t much of a setback.

Wood came out the blocks quickly and smelt blood from the off, with Will Evans chasing down an error from James Holden and having his effort cleared off the line after just two minutes. However, the Wood made their dominance pay with less than 20 minutes gone, when Scott Boden finished well at the back post when unmarked from a corner. Tyrone Marsh went close just four minutes later with a very similar chance, but they made no mistake shortly after when an outstanding pass from Marsh picked out Boden who in turn played in Josh Rees, who showed enough composure to double their lead.

It took the Wood just minutes to add a third after the break when a Kane Smith cross picked out Boden who finished emphatically at the far post for his second of the match, and they should have scored again on 52 minutes when another Rees corner led to a goalmouth scramble that ended with Marsh being unable to connect with his shot. He would then be denied again by Holden when one-on-one, before some rare pressure from Maidenhead saw them force a succession of corners that required the Wood defence to remain firm. This failed to last though, as the hosts netted their fourth of the afternoon to cap off a wonderful performance, with Jacob Mendy Mendy’s long-range effort taking a wicked deflected before beating Holden for his first in a Wood shirt. This brought an uneventful final ten minutes, but one that was in no need of action with a comprehensive victory already being wrapped up.



You can pre-purchase your match day ticket by clicking here.


This evening’s fixture between the Wood and Maidenhead United is being shown live on BT Sport 1, kick-off at 5.20pm with the pre-match build up starting at 5pm.


You can keep up with the action via our Twitter and Instagram pages, where there will be regular updates throughout the course of the match.

Instagram: @boreham_woodfc
Twitter: @boreham_woodfc



Share This