Woking and Boreham Wood played out an entertaining 0-0 draw at the Kingfield Stadium, as the Wood’s impressive away record continued.

Bruno Andrade and Alex Davey went closest for the Wood, while Grant Smith came to his side’s rescue, on a couple of occasions.

Luke Garrard named an unchanged line-up from Tuesday night’s win over Maidstone United, with Andrade and Ferrier once again leading the line.

Boreham Wood, who were on a run of four wins in a row in the league, went closest early on, thanks to a sumptuous volley from Bruno Andrade, but it was pushed over the crossbar by Nathan Baxter.

Jamie Turley has been an integral part of the Wood’s recent good form, and nearly got his name on the scoresheet, when he arrived late in the box to meet Andrade’s corner, but he headed wide.

Andrade, Morgan Ferrier and Angelo Balanta were all linking up well in the opposition half, and they nearly set the latter through for an opener, but Balanta curled his effort past the post.

Balanta then fed Andrade down the right-wing, but the forward sliced a side-footed effort around the post.

The Wood continued to look for the spectacular and Angelo Balanta met a cross on the edge of the area, but he lashed his powerful volley inches over the woodwork.

It took half an hour for Woking to earn their first chance at goal, but Anthony Cook fired his effort into the hands of Grant Smith.

With just two first half minutes remaining, Michael Folivi worked his way into the box from the left-wing and flashed the ball across goal, but Davey was unable to convert from close-range.

Folivi had looked bright since his introduction into the game for Keiran Murtagh and when he dummied his marker in the area, he thrusted a left-footed shot at goal, but it was blocked wide.

Louie Theophanous had been quiet in the first half but looked to change that on the edge of the Wood area, but he attempted to squeeze past the defence on his own and lost the ball.

The forward then got onto the end of a cross from Nathan Ralph, but his header was saved comfortably by Smith.

Theophanous would have a third chance in quick succession, and this time forced an impressive acrobatic save from Smith, who pushed his header out of the top corner.

As they looked to re-take control of the match in the remaining minutes, Andrade fizzled an effort at Baxter on the turn, but the stopper held his effort.

The Wood: Smith, Shakes, Davey, Stephens, Turley, Woodards, Ricketts, Murtagh (Folivi 42’), Balanta, Andrade, Ferrier (Quigley 66’)

 Subs not used: Harfield, Burbidge, Thomas 

Woking Team: Baxter, Young, Ralph, Jones (c), Staunton, Lathrope (Isaac 66’), Ferdinand, Carter, Cook, Grego-Cox (Edwards 45’), Theophanous

Subs not used: Mason, Orlu, Jason

Attendace: 1,744



Share This