It was the perfect week for Boreham Wood who return back to Hertfordshire with all three points courtesy of goals from Kenny Davis (penalty) and Danny Woodards. It was a faultless performance from Luke Garrard’s men who remain undefeated away from home this season.

After the Injuries to Joe Devera and Mark Ricketts Luke Garrard handed a first start of the season to Daniel Uchechi and recalled veteran Danny Woodards in an unfamiliar centre back role partnering Matt Paine.

Both sides started cautiously playing out from the back and looking to retain the ball. It was Macclesfield that had the first sight on goal. Kingsley James picked the ball up 25 yards from goal and fired a shot which had the Wood stopper Grant Smith scrambling across his goal.

A quickly taken short corner for Boreham Wood taken by Bruno Andrade. A quick one two with Conor Clifford the tricky winger glided into the box seeing his shot deflected with Scott Flinders making a good save gathering the ball at the second attempt.

Ollie Norburn then had to be replaced for Macclesfield after 22 minutes following a collision with his own player which saw him stretchered off and replaced by Andy Halls.

A miss hit clearance from Femi Ilesanmi fell nicely into the path of Danny Whitaker who volleyed wide of Grant Smiths goal.

Macclesfield Town countered just before the break, Kingsley James crossed to the back post for Danny Whitaker. He took a touch squaring for Danny Rowe who put his effort over.

Luke Garrard had to make a change of his own at the break, Adriano Moke came on for Conor Clifford, who took a knock in the closing stages of the first half.

Daniel Uchechi who looked lively on his first Wood start won a free kick on the by-line, a perfect ball in from Bruno Andrade found the head of Danny Woodards, who couldn’t quite get his effort on target.

Scott Flinders had to make an unbelievable save to tip a Morgan Ferrier effort over the bar after the Wood striker found space on the edge of the Macclesfield box.

Daniel Uchcechi picked the ball up in the middle of the park swivelled and sent it out wide left to Morgan Ferrier, he cut the ball back to Angelo Balanta who shot over.

Wood then got their deserved lead, a poor touch by David Fitzpatrick who had only been on the field a matter of minutes allowed Bruno Andrade to get in front and across the Macclesfield left back who proceeded to bring him down in the box. Kenny Davis made no mistake from the spot sending Scott Flinders the wrong way.

Macclesfield responded to going a goal behind well, seeing plenty of the ball and asking questions of the Wood defence which stood up to the task well.

After soaking up pressure from the home side Wood then put the game to bed. After winning a corner on the left a whipped in ball from Bruno Andrade found Danny Woodards who showed hunger and determination to get across his man and head beyond Scott Flinders.

As the game headed into added on time a needless foul from Femi Ilesanmi gave Macclesfield a chance to grab one back. A ball into the box from the right found Kingsley James unmarked, his header went straight into the arms of Grant Smith.

The final action of the game saw Scott Flinders once more deny Morgan Ferrier. The striker went on his own little mazy run leaving defenders his is wake. His shot was pushed onto the post and out for a corner.

Boreham Wood: Smith, Nunn, Uchechi (Kuhl), Paine, Davis, Andrade (Jeffrey), Ferrier, Ilesanmi, Clifford (Moke), Balanta, Woodards

Subs: Goodliffe, Lucas,

Referee: J Johnson


ATT: 1386 (26 Away)






Share This