The apprentice will be learning and practicing a range of grounds maintenance duties at the club stadium and artificial training facility. This role reports to the head groundsman at Meadow Park Borehamwood.
The key responsibilities:
• Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work on our desso grass master and synthetic 3G pitches
• Set up sports pitches or amenity surfaces. Undertake minor construction and landscaping work;
• Learn to operate a range of horticultural machinery ensuring vehicles and equipment used by self and others are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements.
Learn to Operate powered hand tools, tractors and ride on machinery and line marking equipment is required;
• Upkeep of artificial and synthetic surfaces;
• Demonstrate awareness of Health and Safety for the individual and all others;
• Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure at all times.
• Carry out such other tasks deemed necessary within the Grounds Department at the Head groundsman discretion;
• working a 40hour week. Some match day work is required on rota at Meadow Park;
• Be able to work unsocial hours, including regular weekends, as required by the Head groundsman, reasonable notice having been given.
It is essential that the successful candidate has the following skills, aptitudes, qualifications and experience:
• The ability to learn and show willing.
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including evenings and weekends;
Working 40 hours per week