Boreham Wood Football Club are now inviting enquiries and applications for the newly vacated position of first team Goalkeeping Coach who will work closely with the first team manager, coaching staff and players.
This is a perfect opportunity for the suitable candidate to join our passionate and hard-working team at Boreham Wood FC. The role is based at the club’s ground Meadow Park and requires you to work at least three mornings a week as well as all match days both home and away.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and delivering the club’s goalkeeping strategy whilst completing continual reviews and development to ensure an environment is created to facilitate the ongoing development of Boreham Wood FC’s goalkeepers. We are looking for a candidate with an exceptional work ethic whilst also holding the necessary coaching credentials to comfortably work at National League level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To work closely alongside the First Team Manager to create a clear development and performance improvement plan for Boreham Wood FC goalkeepers
- To implement and develop engaging training programmes
- To ensure both technical and tactical aspects of the game are covered, delivered and reinforced with the goalkeepers
- To prepare the goalkeepers for all training sessions and matches
- To monitor and report on the performance/progress of all goalkeepers against established goals
- To work with the First Team Manager to identify and scout goalkeeper targets
- To complete necessary administrative tasks including reports/monitoring on goalkeepers
- To attend football management meetings when necessary
- Any other duties as required by the football management within reason
- UEFA B goalkeeping license or working towards
- Experience in a similar role within a professional or semi-professional football club
- Experience of designing and implementing goalkeeper development programmes
- Previous professional or semi-professional playing experience is desired
- Capable of working independently using own initiative whilst working under pressure
- Must be able to communicate, interact and engage with colleagues
- Must be organised and have strong management skills
- Must be committed, enthusiastic, passionate and open minded
- Must have a strong and flexible work ethic
Salary – Dependent on experience
Start Date – Friday 28thJune 2019
If you would like to apply for the position, please email your current CV to Charlie Hunter on email@example.com stating ‘Goalkeeping Coach’ in the subject line.