It was honours even at the Automated Technology Group Stadium after Wood had to come from a goal behind to get a share of the spoils.

It was another draw for Luke Garrard’s men on a day where they weren’t quite at their best. Jamey Osborne put the home side ahead four minutes into the second half shooting through a crowded box from just inside the area. Wood responded quickly through Angelo Balanta with a well taken goal after Kenny Davis and Angelo Balanta combined well.

Garrard made one change from the win over Torquay. After injury to Morgan Ferrier, Angelo Balanta went up top and Aaron Kuhl came in to the middle with Conor Clifford going out wide.

Wood should well have taken the lead inside the opening five minutes. A long ball forward from Femi Ilesanmi, the Solihull keeper Nathan Vaughan came a long way, spilling the ball. Angleo Balanta was first to the ball firing over an empty net from eighteen yards.

The home side turned defence into attack down the Wood left. Jamey Osborne fed the ball into Harry White who was well tackled Joe Devera.

Darryl Knights found space out wide and whipped in a good cross which just had a little too much on it for Harry White at the back post.

We then saw the first of many long throws into the Wood box from Connor Franklin, which flicked off the head of Matt Paine and thankfully for the Wood over the bar.

Woods best chance of the first half fell to Kenny Davis, the Wood midfielder picked the ball up just outside the Solihull area, taking a touch before seeing his effort cannon back off the crossbar.

Just before the Break Harry White had a great chance to give the home side a lead, a ball across goal saw the strikers shot deflected wide.

Solihull came out the blocks second half and opened the scoring following a long throw into the box which the wood defence failed to deal with and Jamey Osborne fired through a crowded box and past Grant Smith.

Wood responded well, Anthony Jeffrey eased past his man down the left and played a sublime ball across goal. Angelo Balanta though couldn’t quite get on the end of it.

Balanta himself had two great chances both well blocked by Liam Daly who put his body on the line to protect the Solihull lead.

Wood finally got its just rewards, Kenny Davis cutting in onto his left foot, chipping in the perfect ball for Angelo Balanta who chested down and volleyed past Nathan Vaughan.

Wood were on the ascendency, a foul on Kenny Davis. Quick thinking from Matt Paine played through Anthony Jeffrey who shot wide

Luke Garrard then introduced Bruno Andrade, Andrade gave Wood an added dimension and was immediately involved. A great ball over the top from Anthony Jeffrey and Andrade burst into the box cut back on his left foot and curled just wide.

In the final ten minutes Wood were camped in their own half with Solihull looking the more likely to get a winner. Ryan Bestwick had a great chance after Akwasi Asante put a great ball into the box. The Solihull skipper headed wide.


Boreham Wood: Smith, Nunn, Ricketts, Paine, Davis, Kuhl (Andrade), Jeffrey, Ilesanmi, Clifford, Balanta (Woodards), Devera

Subs: Uchechi, Mokes, Murrell-Williamson

Referee: Mr S Rushton


Attendance: 618







Share This