Pre Season Friendly

Potters Bar Town 0-4 Boreham Wood

Boreham Wood completed their Pre-Season campaign on a high with a comprehensive 0-4 victory over Evo Stick Division one side Potters Bar Town.

It was Potters Bar who started the brighter and should have taken the lead in the 1st minute but Russell was down quickly and made a smart save. Wood soon got a foot hold into the game and could have taken the lead in the 7th minute. A quick free kick taken by Wilson set the lively Wichelow down the left his cross into the box was cleared by the last defender which prevented Willock a simple tap in.

The goal didn’t take long to come, a through ball by Wichelow found Willock who went past his defender before being challenged unfairly leaving the referee no option but to point to the spot. The reliable Noto stepped up and made no mistake firing Wood into the lead.

Potters Bar had a period of possession without really challenging the Wood defence. A throw in from the right was headed out by Noto giving Potters Bar a corner. A good ball followed but was cleared by Willock. The ball was picked up by Garrard who played a lofted ball to Simmonds who then ran at the Town defence getting to the bye line forcing a corner.

Wood had lots of joy down either flank this time Montgomery put a great ball in from the right but no one was able to convert.

Wood had the majority of possession without creating to many clear cut chances although Wichelow was behind a lot of Wood’s chances.

A rare chance to Potters Bar, a goal kick flicked on by the big number 9 and the left winger tried the spectacular shooting 30 yards out which sailed over Russell’s crossbar.

There were two changes for the Wood at half time, Raheem Stirling-Parker came on for Donovan Simmonds and Greg Morgan for Lewis Wilson.

Wood started the second half the brighter with Greg Morgan creating chances down the left, a 25 yard pile driver from Montgomery was also saved well. Potters Bar came more into the game and forced Russel into a couple of smart saves. After a block tackle by Bentley he was forced from the field and replaced by Sam Doolan.

With Potters Bar making changes Wood went up a gear and a rare Garrard chance was saved well by the Potters Bar custodian. Wood were pushing for a second and this came in the 70th minute. A well worked team goal, Russell rolled the ball to Nunn who fed the ball to Morgan who ran at the tiring Potters Bar defence rolled in Sterling-Parker who took a touch and fired into the bottom corner scoring his first senior goal for the club.

The 3rd didn’t take long to follow, it was the talented Wichelow who caused Potters Bar problems all afternoon picking the ball up centrally went past one and rifled the ball in to the bottom corner from 20 yards giving the keeper no chance.

Wichelow again went close with a shot before turning provider this time putting Morgan through who made no mistake in putting the ball away scoring Wood’s 4th of the afternoon.

Potters Bar had a couple of chances to get on the score sheet late on however the dependable Russell saved well.

Wood team: Russell, Nunn, Jones (Ashton), Garrard, Bentley (Doolan), Noto, Wichelow, Wilson (Morgan), Willock (Brown), Simmonds (Sterling-Parker), Montgomery.

Goals Noto (10), Sterling-Parker (70), Wichelow (75), Morgan (80)


Share This