Wood had to battle hard to get a point and continue their good run. It was a heavy and boggy Concord pitch but credit must go to the Concord ground staff who did their best to ensure the game went ahead after heavy rain fell in Canvey Island.

Wood started the brighter with Morias having the first of very few clear chances for the Wood in the first half, 20 yards out his left footed shot from just outside the post whistled past the post.

Despite much of the ball being seen by the Wood, Chiedozie managed to get down the left to cross for Collins, who couldn’t quite get his head to the ball.

Wood continued to dominate and a through ball from Morias was slightly too heavy for Angol and collected by Vickers.

Whichelow collected the ball from Russell, turned his man and was brought down on the right flank. The resulting free kick was easily dealt with by the beach boys defence.

Hill chipped the ball into the path of Angol who headed down for Morias and his effort was well blocked.

The breakthrough for Wood came in the 33rd minute when Morias skipped past two players laid it into the path of Whichelow who played through Montgomery and he made no mistake in beating Vickers.

A rare attack for Concord with Chiedozie going past Hill. The big defender brought him down earning a caution that rules him out of the FA Trophy game in two weeks time.

Wood began the second half in the same fashion going close twice once through Angol and a Montgomery effort from distance.

Hill’s misplaced pass allowed Concord to cross into the box which was too high for the rising Collins.

Shakes played Morias down the right he got his cross in and Angol sliding in at the back post couldn’t quite make the contact required to send it goal wards.

At this point Concord looked a different team from the previous 55 minutes, A Long ball forward from the back, Reynolds headed into the path of Cawley who volleyed from 25 yards wide.

Russell was again called into action saving well from Collins.  More Concord pressure was forthcoming with the Wood defence dealing with what was being thrown at it.

Wood managed to get hold of the ball and won a corner through Morias. Whichelow whipped the ball into the box which was well caught by Vickers.

On the break a through ball from Chiedozie was well intercepted by Montgomery.

Thomas came on to replace Montgomery and within minutes the game was level. After failing to clear their lines a ball into the box wasn’t dealt with by Russell and Chiedozie headed home.

Concord continued to go forward and should have taken the lead after Russell tipped on the post from a deep cross but the ball somehow stayed out.

A weak punch from Vickers allowed Shakes an effort on target with the Arsenal loanee dealing with it second time around.

Whichelow after cutting in from the right let rip with his effort going just the wrong side of the post.

There were chances for both sides in the final few minutes of the game. With no side able to take advantage the game ended all square.

Wood Line Up: Russell, Garrard, Brown, Cox, Hill, Reynolds, Whichelow (Lipman 86), Shakes, Angol, Morias, Montgomery (Thomas 60)

Subs: Johnson, Noto, Courtnage

Fans Man Of the Match: Sam Cox


Share This