Job title: First Team Sports Therapist
Organisation: Boreham Wood FC
Salary: From £1,200 p/month
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Closing date: 01/04/2019
Interview dates: 08/04/2019
Contract type: Fixed Term (Full time)
Boreham Wood are an ambitious, community focused football club, who compete in the Vanarama National League. The club enjoyed a historic 2018/19 campaign, securing fourth place in the National League and reaching Wembley Stadium, in the Promotion Final.
We are seeking an experienced Sports Therapist/Physiotherapist to primarily work with the first team squad on all match days and training sessions.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Sports Therapist/Sports Rehabilitation/Physiotherapist to expand on their current knowledge and develop new skills within a growing Medical Department at a National League Club.
Candidates with good practical work placements may also be considered.
The successful candidate will be expected to (but not limited to) carry out the following duties:
• Oversee training and matches, including assessment and treatment until return to play of the first team squad.
• Oversee the upkeep and cleanliness of medical and gym equipment and areas.
• Work closely with the management team, club coaches and other medical personnel.
• Implement medical screenings, fitness testing and injury reduction strategies.
•Write programmes and ensuring that all medical notes are kept up to date.
This role will allow the Therapist to practically enhance their skills during training sessions, drop-in injury clinics, and matches.
The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside the coaching and medical teams at the club and report to the Head of Medical weekly. They must be able to manage their working week and be flexible to cope with the varying demands of the job.
This position is on a full-time basis and will include evening and weekend work.
Person Specification (Essential):
• Degree in Sports Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation or Physiotherapy with a minimum three years’ post graduate experience in a relevant setting.
• Experience of working within a Football Club at step two or higher.
• Minimum EFAiF First Aid qualification
• Personnel Training Qualification with a minimum one year of experience with clients.
• Full UK Driving license.
• Insurance with relevant provider.
• Flexible but professional approach to working independently and as part of the wider team of backroom staff at the club.
• Excellent time management and verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates would be required to start ASAP and should be able to relocate, if not in the London area, at short notice.
How to apply:
Please send a CV with covering letter to: email@example.com
(Due to the volume of Applications, we will not contact each applicants unless their CV meets the requirements and is of interest).
We will be in touch once we have reviewed the position.