Omar Bugiel scored a last-minute winner, as Bromley came back from two-goals down to beat Boreham Wood 3-2.

A brace from Morgan Ferrier had put Luke Garrard’s side in the driving seat, but an early substitution from Neil Smith turned the game on its head.

Jordan Higgs pulled a goal back for the hosts on 36 minutes, before a penalty in the 54th minute levelled the affair.

Both sides pushed for a winning goal, but Bugiel crept in at the back post to fire home from close range, with only injury time remaining.

Danny Woodards joined the left of the back three, with Ricky Shakes at left-wing back and Angelo Balanta in attacking midfield.

The visitors got off to the perfect start, when David Stephens headed Bruno Andrade’s corner back across the box and Ferrier looped a header over David Gregory and into the top corner.

The fast start continued, with Andrade flicking a ball over the backline for Ferrier to latch onto, but it was poked clear by his marker.

Balanta cleverly flicked a cross back into the box on the turn, but Andrade was beaten to it by Roger Johnson.

A second goal was edging closer, when Andrade was fed through on goal, but his low cross was knocked over the crossbar by Kane Smith.

Balanta showed excellent control to take the ball on in a tight area, swivel, and lash a low shot from 20-yards, but it sailed past the post.

The away side did have their second on 25 minutes; Andrade had been found in the area and slipped a low ball across the face of goal, which Ferrier placed home.

With his side two goals down, Neil Smith sent on Brendan Hanlan for Luke Wanadio and he made an instant difference. Hanlan broke free from David Stephens and was only thwarted by the excellent recovery of Tom Champion, who swiped the ball from beneath his feet.

Bromley’s first came through a free-kick, when Higgs was in at the far post to meet Frankie Sutherland’s whipped ball.

With his team on the up, Hanlan countered for the home side, following a wasted Wood corner, but he thrashed his effort high and wide.

Ferrier showed clever footwork down the right-channel, but he powered his attempt over.

Kane Smith then played a stunning through ball for Andrade on the brink of half-time, but the striker’s lobbed effort dipped the wrong side of the left-post.

Looking to quell any attempts at a comeback, the away side returned for the second half in an equally attacking fashion. Balanta went close from an Andrade corner, but couldn’t get enough power onto his header to trouble Gregory.

Murtagh pulled off a Maradona in the area to take himself around Jack Holland, but he dragged his shot wide across goal.

Higgs then met another cross at the far post, but this time Shakes was there to scramble out for a corner, which came to nothing.

However, Shakes would later concede a penalty, after a powerful run from Bugiel. Hanlan stepped up to confidently dispatch down the middle.

Hanlan continued to trouble the backline with the scores now level and his run down the right opened up the defence and eventually Raymond got a shot away, but Smith saved.

At the other end, a swinging cross from Balanta was met by Ferrier and powered home with a header, but he was pulled back for offside.

Continuing to pull the strings for Boreham Wood, Balanta twisted and turned on the edge of the area to get a shot away, but Gregory saved.

Garrard urged his side to up the tempo and Murtagh responded, with a header on the edge of the area, that rattled against the post and out.

Louis Dennis entered the field for Bromley and his first touch sent a curling striker over the woodwork.

Andrade snapped up a mistake in the Bromley box, but he couldn’t beat Gregory from close-range, who came to his sides aid with a timely block.

The Bromley stopper was the hero once again, as an inch-perfect ball from Balanta was met by Ferrier, but his shot was somehow blocked by Gregory.

The Columbian midfielder was found completely unmarked in the area by Andrade’s corner, but his cracked effort was blocked by a sea of Bromley defenders on the line.

The goal came on the dot of 90 minutes, with Bugiel firing home from close-range, after Boreham Wood had failed to deal with a free-kick.

The Wood: G Smith, K Smith, Woodards, Ricketts ©, Stephens, Shakes, Champion, Murtagh, Andrade, Balanta, Ferrier

Subs not used: Harfield, Quigley, Folivi, Doe Davey 

Bromley: Gregory, Dunne (Dennis 73’), Holland, Raymond, Higgs, Sterling, Wanadio (Hanlan 31’), Porter, Johnson, Sutherland (Mekki 62’), Bugiel

Subs not used: Rees, Woolfenden


The Wood: Ferrier 3’, 25’ 

Bromley: Higgs 36’, Hanlan 55’, Bugiel 90’


Share This