Boreham Wood FC can announce that we have SOLD OUT for today’s semi-final Stadium pub garden initiative and we ask supporters who do not have a pre-booked ticket to respectfully watch the game elsewhere.
Chairman Danny Hunter said, “We have in conjunction with our local licensing officers and environment health, set a crowd limit of 310 Stadium tickets and they have already been pre-sold.
“It is clear our supporters and our Town are all very excited about the game and the difficult task that lay in front of our players, which has shown as we could have sold three times the amount of tickets.
“Because of the demand we’ve already hired a second ‘big screen’ to allow people to enjoy the game, as such the Club will open both the East Stand and North Bank, to ensure there is enough space for everyone to catch up with the friends they haven’t seen in months and months…
“We’ve also set up the Stadium in such a way to ensure that people’s safety is in the foremost in our thoughts, as we see our Stadium hopefully come alive again for the first time since mid-March. This is a day whether we win or lose, where we hope our Town and local Community will come together and simply enjoy a day with their families and friends in a controlled environment.
“All we ask is that everyone respects the Club’s ‘new normal’ protocols that we’ve put in place with your safety and well-being in mind, while respecting not only each other but remembering the incredible efforts of the NHS and all the countries frontline workers.
“Trust us, we are going up to Harrogate to win, to represent our Club, our Town, you supporters and of course the Wood Army in the best way we can.
“We’ll be doing our upmost to bring you our fans and our Community the result we and you all crave, but if we don’t pull it off, we must all stay positive and get ourselves ready for yet another promotion push next season.
“We believe next season will start around September 12th, but hopefully we’ll be worrying about that at a later date. In truth we fancy ourselves to prolong our season by at least another week and we would love to see our fans still dreaming of Wembley and the Football League again.
“Harrogate, as we all know, are a great side, but they know nobody should write an underdog Club like us off. They know we’re also a decent outfit who’ve lost just once in twenty games. We are at full strength, we’re in great spirits, we’re in great shape, we have great players and we have great faith in our gaffer Luke Garrard, each other and his dressing room.” Hunter concluded.
GUIDELINES FOR TODAY’S STADIUM BIG SCREEN SEMI-FINAL SHOWING
- Anybody driving we recommend you use the nearby Brook Road Car Park
- Entrance into the Club will operate via the main Club entrance located on Broughinge Road
- The Club’s bar and stadium will be open to our fans from 12pm until 6pm
- The Club Shop will also be open to supporters on the day
- We will have our very own DJ ‘Brooksie’ back on the mic for the first time at the Club to create a community led ‘Wood Army’ atmosphere
SAFETY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE TODAY
- Your temperatures will be taken upon your arrival at the Club
- You must all agree to practice safe distancing
- You must show our safety stewards and staff your pre-booked big screens wrist bands
- You must give over both your home address and your phone number, to ensure we can track and trace
- We have created a strictly adhered to one-way system, within our car park, our bar and our stadium
- Please be advised, all our Stadium toilets will be correctly staffed, to ensure we adhere to a one in and one out protocol and all Club and Government guidelines and safety protocols are followed
- Seating unfortunately, cannot be reserved within our East Stand, but all available seating has been marked with a green tick to ensure social distancing
- Please note, an additional 60 bench seats have been made available on our large open-air concourse at the North Bank end of the stadium, which if you arrive early, we recommend for families. But please be advised all seating will operate on a first come first served basis
- Hand sanitisers are installed across our site, while all our regular safety stewards, will be in place in key positions around the stadium, to ensure, everyone has an enjoyable day and sticks to the pre agreed protocols, that are designed to ensure you have a great time whether we win or lose, as this is the clubs next very important stage, in our “back together again” initiative.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.