A goal-filled first half of football, saw Boreham Wood extend their unbeaten run to seven matches in all competitions, with a 2-2 draw at home to Bromley.

However, Luke Garrard’s side will feel that they should have come away with more, as a number of decisions went the other way.

Dan Holman (25) opened the scoring, with the first goal of his loan spell at Meadow Park. Bromley equalised shortly after, with Josh Rees (32) nodding past Grant Smith.

The away side took the lead on 38 minutes through Luke Wanadio, but the Wood drew level less than two minutes later, thanks to Jamie Turley (40).  

The Wood made two changes from the draw with Guiseley, as Angelo Balanta and Dan Holman replaced Tom Champion and Shaun Jeffers.

There was an early free-kick for Andrade, but he swung his cross narrowly ahead of Turley. Bromley then had an early free-kick of their own, but Adam Mekki thumped an ambitious effort over the crossbar.

It had been a positive start for the home side and Keiran Murtagh cleverly lifted the ball above the Bromley defence, but Holman couldn’t get onto the end of it.

Holman did then break the deadlock, as Dave Stephens headed the ball back across the box from Andrade’s free-kick, and Holman nipped in to lash it into the bottom corner.

Buoyed by the opener, Andrade tried his luck from a long-range free kick, but David Gregory was able to hold.

The visitors drew level, as Frankie Raymond’s free kick crept above the Wood defence and was headed in by Rees.

They went ahead shortly after, as Wanadio drove home from outside of the box.

If the Wood were feeling hard done by, they certainly weren’t showing it, as they equalised less than two minutes later. Bromley failed to clear the ball from their own area and Jamie Turley nicked it past Gregory at the far post.

A one-two between Kane Smith and Murtagh almost set the wing-back through on goal, but Bromley recovered to pump clear.

Andrade was looking lively and drove a low ball dangerously across the box, but Holman’s shot was blocked and sent out for a corner.

The forward’s corner was recycled and Stephens thrashed an effort with his right from distance, but it went narrowly wide.

Holman almost got his second of the game; Balanta had lost the ball on the attack, but it fell for Holman and he thrashed narrowly wide with his left.

Andrade rounded two on the byline as the Wood cranked up the pressure, he drove it low across the box, and all it needed was a touch, but it crept past the home attack.

Bromley were on the back foot, but countered through Brett Williams, who attempted to round Dean Wells and strike at Smith, but it flew wide.

Wanadio was next to counter for the away side, but curled a strike from the left-wing straight into the hands of Smith.

Smith charged down the right and crossed low, but it slid past three Wood bodies and none could send it goal wards.

Having broken into the box, Andrade was hauled down in the area and the referee blew his whistle, however, awarded the forward a yellow card for simulation.

Blair Turgott had been brought on to try and snatch the win. The winger collected the ball from a corner and struck at goal, but it hit Murtagh and deflected wide.

Smith then saved the Wood at the death, Williams met a low cross in the box, but the stopper was alive to save from close range.

The Wood were awarded one final chance as Andrade swung a free-kick across the box, but Murtagh headed over.

Boreham Wood:

G Smith, K Smith, Turley, Stephens, Wells, Shakes, Ricketts, Murtagh, Balanta (Jeffers 67), Andrade, Holman (Turgott 73)

Subs not used: Benson, Woodards, Champion

Bromley: Gregory, Winter, Holland, Johnson   , Raymond, Wanadio, Sutherland, Rees, Mekki (Higgs 64), Dennis (Campbell 73), Williams 

Subs not used: Dunne, Allen, Enver


The Wood: Holman (25), Turley (40)

Bromley: (Rees 32), Wanadio (38)



Share This