MEDIA, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Boreham Wood Football Club over the last few years have become one of the leading non league football clubs in the country. We now need to develop our media, marketing and communications operation, including website and social media management, both locally, in Hertfordshire and around London and the Home Counties.
We are looking for a positive person with drive and experience in social media, marketing, communication and PR. The Coordinator must have excellent communication, writing and editorial skills.
This role may suit a former Student / Undergraduate who has a Business/ Media/ Marketing /Sports Journalism degree.
- To draft articles, press releases and match reports for all departments, including First Team, Community, Academy, Facility and Commercial, to ensure regular promotion and publicity of club activity.
- To create / assist in creating marketing and publicity strategies for events, announcements and special offers from all departments.
- To create and develop new marketing strategies and publicity techniques to enhance and promote club facilities, news, community activity and upcoming events / fixtures for maximum media exposure.
- Manage and develop all social media channels, to assist and manage the clubs website and content, ensuring all areas are up to date and have the correct content and information.
- To design or assist/liaise with our designers to produce print/web marketing materials (inc Article Pictures/graphics and videos), ensuring that branding is used appropriately.
- Develop a close working relationship with all club departments and maintain effective positive working relationships with all partner organisations in media related activity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Reasonable experience with design and video editing software.
- Have a keen interest in sports / sports journalism.
- A strong understanding of social media platforms and how to use them to deliver engaging content.
- Innovative and capable of thinking outside the box to come up with new content ideas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3/4 days per week, dependant on match days/nights.
- Previous experience of working for a football club would be desirable but not essential.
- Embrace opportunities for continuous professional development.
- Use of own vehicle desirable
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to work.
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
HOURS: 20 – 25 (3 to 4 days per week, dependent on matches)
SALARY: Dependent on experience.
HOW TO APPLY: c/o Grant Morris on firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Friday 28th April 2017